Thursday, March 8, 2007

Amen

I remember my mother teaching me to pray when I very little...

Dear God

Thank you for today.

Thank you for my family.

Please bless Mamma and Daddy.

Please bless Momma Moose (Dear Sister) and Black Sheep (Dear Brother).

Please bless Jabba the Hut (Other Sister)....

"Mamma, what do I say, if I dont' want Him to bless Taz (Other Dear Brother)? He was mean to me today..."

"Just say Amen"

"Ok, Mamma...Amen!"

It was years before I realized that you did not say "amen" or "awomen" at the end of your prayers at night, depending on the gender of who you didn't want Godd to bless that day because they were mean to you...when Taz was mean it was "amen" when Jabba was nasty it was "awomen."

What do I say at the end of my prayer when it was the Church that was mean?

No comments: