Monday, March 5, 2007

Resurrection

My sister...hmmm, let's call her Momma Moose, called me last night to discuss her daughter's impending wedding. During the course of the conversation, she casually mentioned that my niece would be bringing her father to the wedding...

Huh? My mind stumbled over this little tidbit like a hiker in a creek bed full of boulders. What? How? Huh? You see my niece's father died almost 6 years ago.

My first thought was actually, "Has he been resurrected?" I think that I need to get more sleep...

In reality, she...my niece...what shall we call her... Amazon Girl, will be bringing her father's ashes, to place at the alter in the chapel.

Am I the only one that finds this really creepy?

2 comments:

An Enlightened Fairy said...

Yikes, that is creepy! Is this going to be at an LDS chapel?
My husband's father passed away and for his sister's wedding, we just brought a large vase of roses to symbolize her father's presence.
Then the oldest brother walked her down the aisle and my husband danced with her for the father/daughter dance.
There are different ways she can honor and acknowledge her Dad; maybe you can give her some suggestions? Something not so... morbid and creepy? ;)
I look forward to reading your blog.
Caryn :)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Ew ew ew ew eeeeeewwwww. My dad said the prayer at my wedding, while my older brother walked me down the aisle.

Don't ask.